Thursday, August 9, 2012

Rug-Inspired Eye Makeup

I mentioned earlier my jewel-color obsession, in particular, teal/green shades. I saw this rug in a catalog and had to dump everything and try the color combo on my eyes immediately. Luckily, I had almost exact shades in my The She Space collection. Oh, it looks like that company is reopening soon; yay!

The colors of this rug are so vibrant, the pictures don't do any justice. It's extremely dark and cloudy today, so no good lighting.


These eyeshadow minerals matched almost perfectly...

And... if you own a camera with manual lens, you know how difficult it is to focus on something without looking... How do you take pictures of your eye makeup? I'm always amazed my some sharp pictures some makeup bloggers take of their own faces. It might be the time to purchase an auto-zoom lens... I also tried really hard to not wrinkle the closed eye to show the colors. Failure. What I see in the mirror is so much brighter than what the camera sees!


Cropped to see better...


Cropped even more for close-up. Excuse my hair post-washing flyaways...


Bottom color was the dark blue, then teal in the middle, and then green on top. But it shows as two colors only. The teal must be hiding in that eyelid fold that I tried really hard to avoid. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment