Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hosiery in Vogue Magazine - Stock up Stockings!

Every time I get a new issue of Vogue, I start looking for photos with knit/crochet clothing and hosiery. Both are very rare I must say. The last issue, though, has surprised me with multiple photos with hosiery. Yes! Finally, this piece of clothing is given the place it deserves and doesn't have to be appreciated by Eastern European women only.
I've also noticed new hosiery companies popping up in the US and other countries. That should tell you something, too.
These are photos featuring vintage 1940's style. Very artistic and beautiful.




Take a note, vintage style lovers. Your outfit will not be complete without a pair of silky stockings. Bare legs weren't so popular back then.

I am very tempted to buy a pair of white pumps to wear with black tights now. I absolutely adore the last look.

What are your thoughts? If you disliked hosiery before, are you starting to change your mind? I hope so, because you may HAVE to get a pair of tights or two to stay fashionable this season. If that's your thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment